Effectively evaluate, optimize and communicate your product design with FDM concept models. Used in early stages of product development, FDM models from GVL Proto Poly reduce costs and shorten development timelines.
With a physical model you can easily communicate, evaluate and optimize your product design. GVL’s 3-D production system gives you the ability to quickly produce physical models without the time and cost associated with machining or outsourcing. This allows you to review multiple designs quickly, test form and fit to solve design problems early, and create numerous iterations to improve the final product design.
How are concept models used?
- Function, Form and Fit testing
- Communication models between departments and companies
- Product research
How are models built?
3-D Production Systems are powered by Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) Technology, which is simple and safe. They manufacture parts layer-by-layer in durable production-grade thermoplastics that really hold up.
- Pre-Process: Load the part’s STL file (CAD data) into Insight pre-processing software.
- Manufacture Parts: System builds part in thermoplastic material one layer at a time on precise tool paths.
- Remove Supports: Remove temporary support structures in a hands-free soluble support tank.
Optional – Finishing techniques like painting, electroplating and wood grain dipping can be applied to make the prototype look like a final production piece.