Lean Manufacturing or Lean Production is a manufacturing method focusing on elimination of waste within the system.
The 5 Lean Principles are:
- Specify what creates value from the customer’s perspective
- Identify all the steps along the process chain
- Make those processes flow
- Make only what is pulled by the customer
- Strive for perfection by continually removing waste
Lean Manufacturing identifies waste in seven categories:
- Over production
- Idle time
- Operator motion
- Bad quality
GVL has adopted these principles to maximize the value for our customers. Lean is a system focusing on continuous improvement rather than a destination. The truly unique thing about Lean Manufacturing is that it is about development of a different mental approach to work. When you work with GVL, you can be assured that we make every effort to follow these principles in an effort to save you time and money while still ensuring the highest level of quality.